torsdag 1. mai 2014

The Making of my Destiny Hunter Mask

A few have asked me how I made the mask/helmet for my hunter. Didn't take that many pictures during the build process, but I'll post what I have and hopefully it will make sense.

First of I started with a visor. Mine is just a simple visor for a motorcycle helmet found on ebay. Then I just marked the shape and dremeled it out.
You can ofcourse just use visors made for snow goggles instead.
image
Then I started adding layers of foam as padding for the nose. From here if you have a headcast to work on the next steps should be fairly simple. Just adding layers of worbla.
image
If you have only your own head, then just take your time to make sure everything sits correctly on and use a mirror to look.

To build it out a bit on the top I used some foam, as the hood will hide this anyway. Also added a tube I got at Clas Ohlson, but you should be able to get something like it at any hardware store, and some rings for the fastning. Then several coats of gesso and some sanding before painting.

image
Finished product with the reference.
image
Hope you like it. I'm atleast looking very much forward to wear this at upcoming conventions!

Worbla: www.coscraft.co.uk
Visor: ebay
Tube: any/most hardware stores

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar